Welcome to the Coors Angling Club Website!
A member of the Angling Trust, Coors AC is located in Burton Upon Trent, with plenty of matches planned all year round.
Download our latest newsletter!
Telephone: 01283 512711
Canal & River Membership Secretary, Deputy Washlands Representative
Telephone: 07421 730298
Assistant Business & Club Match Secretary
Telephone: 07966 533220
Water Booking Manager
Telephone Number: 01782 279662
New Membership & Renewal Information
Interested in renewing? You can renew your membership with us via post only, or on one of our Saturday Working Parties (please ensure you contact Graham Toon first, before showing up). Any member who is unable to attend a paying in session can also renew by sending a cheque with the relevant sub (as listed on this website), and is made payable to 'COORS AC', along with SAE to the membership secretary, Graham Toon.
The 'Senior Membership' is £45 for the 2021- 2022 season. This includes access to fish the River Trent, the canal at Rugeley, Armitage and Middle Lake Rugeley. As we are partway through the season please contact the membership secretary regarding discounted membership.
Armitage & Rugeley (canal only): a canal ticket is £12 and valid for 12 months from the date of purchase. Day tickets are £3 and can be purchased at the Tackle Shop in Armitage.
Click below to download a membership form
Below are all of our sections available to fish at, please note the photos are due to be updated soon.
Please note that seasonal weed growth may restrict the number of fish-able pegs
It may be necessary to close this water for short periods during the season when the farmer has Bulls in
the field this is done for health and safety reasons and during this period fishing is not allowed.
Notices will be posted on the Baileys gates when this occurs
NOTE fishing is not allowed in the Cherry Orchard opposite the garden of remembrance.
for reasons of Respect
Please note that seasonal weed growth may restrict the number of
fishable peg on this section
The Armitage & Rugeley Canal
Trent & Mersey Canal - Bridge 58 to Bridge 62
Carthy's Tackle Shop
Click below to check out Carthy's Tackle Shop website, the local fishing shop in Armitage who also sells our Armitage & Rugeley canal tickets. A £12 ticket is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase and day tickets are £3.
Listed below are the canal sections with maps
Trent & Mersey Canal: Bridge 58 to 62
BRIDGE 58From Burton going North A513Two cars can park by canal in pub car park1st left (if by a pint after!)OR lane on right before pub
BRIDGE 59Carry on from Bridge 58 to T JunctionTurn right2nd exit at mini islandAround 200 yards park on road opposite bridgeOR ok for two cars over bridge on right by canal
BRIDGE 60Instead of 2nd exit at mini island, go straight on to ArmitageTurn right into Church LaneFollow through and park in church car park on left during weekdaysSteps down from bridge – NOT suitable for large trolley
BRIDGE 61Carry on A513Park on right – top of hillStarting 40 mph, past the Plum Pudding on rightOR in layby on left by Peg 100
BRIDGE 62Carry on A513 to Ash Tree Pub on rightPark on road on left oppositeOR take 3rd exit at roundabout Wheelhouse Road1st left park by new houses by canal
Trent & Mersey Canal: Bridge 62 to 66 & 66 to 68
BRIDGES 63 and 64 Lea Hall EstKeep on A513 to Rugeley2nd exit at roundabout at Ash Tree Pub on rightTurn right at Lea Hall signPark on bridge Wheelhouse Rd
BRIDGE 65 Keep on A513 Rugeley RoadTurn right at Mossley TavernPark in garage at end on far leftJust say hello to garage owner
BRIDGES 65A and 65BDo not normally fish here due to permanently parked boats
BRIDGE 66Just off Power Station Road, turn left off A51Bypass by Tesco and turn left to canal
BRIDGE 67 Rugeley BridgeCome off A51 bypass to town centre across mini island1st rightThen 1st leftPark by canal on grass verge
BRIDGE 68 Rugeley Bypass BridgeJust below A51 bypass, park on roadWalk down to canal
Listed below are the rules that must be followed by all club members when fishing
1. Membership is via the Clubs application form only.
2. All members must be in possession of a Club Membership card and a valid EA rod licence when fishing and must be produced to an authorised Bailiff when requested.
3. The close season comes effect on the 15th March until the 16th June and no type of fishing is allowed during the close season on the river.
4. The Coors AC year starts from the 1st April. Membership subscriptions should be paid before the 1st May, after this date an additional re-joining fee may be applied at the discretion of the Management Committee.
5. Juniors under the age of 18 or over 12 on the 1st of April are entitled to free memberships. To qualify they need to be nominated by a full member of the club and supply a completed membership form and must fish on an adjacent peg to the full member. Junior Anglers aged 13 to 16 get a free Environment Agency rod licence and they must. have this in place before fishing
6. Members details will be held by the Club on computer for the purpose of the Data Protection Act, you agree to this by virtue of membership.
7. Any member who breaks any of the Club’s rules or generally brings the name of the Club into disrepute shall be liable to be called before the Management Committee who shall have the power to suspend or expel the offending member.
8. The Management Committee decision pertaining to any matters not provided by these rules shall be final.
9. All members and guests are responsible for their own safety when fishing/visiting all Club waters and do so at their own risk and the Committee wish to remind all Anglers they are fishing in natural environments and as such due care and attention should be exercised to ensure they are not endangering themselves and others.
10. All anglers before fishing under trees are instructed to consider the weather conditions (high winds, thunder & lightning), to check the canopy for hanging or damaged limbs and to report any concerns or issues to the club secretary firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
11. No alcohol or drug use is permitted on the clubs waters or the lighting of fires.
12. Members must leave no litter, all gates must be closed and the locks secured.
13. No alteration allowed to club stages i.e. drilling or fixing brackets or extensions.
14. Normally fishing is from dawn till dusk however, night fishing is allowed on some section please ask for more information.
15. When fishing on stretches that have been permanently pegged please keep to the pegged swims.
16. Where parking at a peg is permitted you must park so as not to obstruct any footpath or right of way. The club is not liable for any damage to vehicles.
17. No Fish are to be taken from any Coors Water under any circumstances or used for live baiting (The exception is Rule 18).
18. Any Zander, Wels Catfish and American Signal Crayfish caught, must be removed and dealt with in accordance with the official E.A. Policy. 19. From time to time it may be necessary to put a temporary ban on specific sections as requested by the Landowner, and if it happens then it must be respected. Notices will be posted on this website accordingly.
20. A maximum strict speed limit of 5 mph is to be observed when driving on the club stretches of Baileys, Municipal, Sherratts and Meadow Road.
21. All Coors Angling Club members, when attending 'The Washlands Sports & Social Club' for any reason, MUST carry their angling club membership card and produce this if requested. The Angling Club membership card serve as a Washlands Club membership.
22. All members are expected to act in a courteous manner (see below) to all other users of the facilities
23. All accidents or incidents including any form of anti social behaviour MUST be reported to the club secretary (Tony Vandome) email@example.com immediately
All rules are correct as of 02/06/21
Equality Policy Statement
Coors AC is committed to treating all people equally, fairly, with dignity and with respect, irrespective of their age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
We will create a safe and welcoming atmosphere for everyone.
2022 CANAL WATER BOOKINGS
Listed below are the latest in our canal water bookings. We are taking water bookings now!
12 x pegs Bridge 65 (Mossley Bridge) Sunday 2nd January 2022
1st 6-6-11 2nd 6-1-3 3rd 5-11-2
18 x pegs Bridge 58~59 Sunday 16th January 2022
1st 5-2-4 2nd 3-15-6 3rd 3-15-0
12 x pegs Bridge 65 (Mossley Bridge) Saturday 29th January .
1st 6-7-0 2nd 5-15-0 (1b 14oz roach)
1st 7-12-0 (skimmers) 2nd 7-3-0 3rd 5-7-5
Canal, Bridge 65 (Mossley Bridge) Bridge 63 ( Pit Bridge) Church Bridge (Rugley)
Sunday 13th February 2022
Weather Wet and Windy
In total 30 anglers weighed in 150 lb
12 x pegs between Bridge 61a (Rugeley Rd bridge) to bridge 62 (Ash Tree bridge), locally known as the Priory length Saturday 26th February 2022
1st 2-9-11 roach, bread punch.
2nd 2-6-81 big perch on worm and half dozen roach on pinkie.
3rd 2-5-8 1 decent skimmer on worm and a dozen roach on red maggot.
Sunday 27th February 2022
1st 6-15-1 (roach & perch)
2nd 6-13-6 (roach & perch)
3rd 6-3-6 (mainly roach)
Sunday 13th March 2022
Location Bridge 64-65
1st 11-14-8 (roach & perch)
2nd 10-10-6 (roach & perch)
In total 31 anglers with good back up weights Weather Sunny & Dry
Saturday 19th March 2022
Location Bridge 62a-63a
1st 5-5-5 (roach & perch)
2nd 4-14-12 (mainly roach)
3rd 4-7-7 (perch over 2.5lb & roach)
In total 17 anglers
Sunday 22nd May 2022
Canal Bridge 67 (both sides)
2022 RIVER BOOKINGS
Cashmores MG Baileys Saturday 18 June
Coors AC Open Matches 2022
Sunday 26 June – Drennan Coors Qualifier
Sunday 3 July – Drennan Coors Qualifier
Sunday 17 July – Drennan Coors Qualifier
Sunday 31 July – Drennan Coors Qualifier
Sunday 7 August – Drennan Coors Qualifier
Sunday 14 August – Riverfest Qualifier
Sunday 21 August – Drennan Coors Qualifier Macmillan Charity
Coors Festival 3 x Days
Tues 6 September - Festival day 1
Wed 7 September – Festival day 2
Thur 8 September - Festival day 3
Sunday 18 September – Charity Match
Sunday 25 September - Drennan Coors Final
COORS AC - 2020/2021
This website is built with Strikingly.
Create your FREE website today!